Pipe Prop Installation
Fast, Easy Equipment Set-Up Adjustable Pipe Support System
Installing Pipe Prop is faster and easier than any pipe support structure or pipe stand for roof top piping on the market today, which is just one of the reasons you’ll find it on some of the best roofs in the country. We’ve created the Pipe Prop with efficiency in mind. The faster you install Pipe Prop, the faster you’re able to get to the more complex, technical parts of your job. We’ve made the installation process as simple as possible, and that will mean increases in productivity and efficiency with fewer headaches. To get started on your rooftop pipe support system, follow the 4 steps below. If you are having issues, you are more than welcome to contact our professional team for assistance.
What You’ll Need
You’ll only need four other elements in addition to the Pipe Prop saddle and base.
- 3/4-inch Schedule 40 PVC electrical conduit (recommended for its sunlight resistant characteristics)
- PVC glue
- PVC pipe cutter (ratchet-style recommended)
- Pipe Prop MDA 1000 Miami-Dade roofing adhesive or approved or roofing manufacturing adhesive equivalent
Four Easy Steps
- Cut the pipe to the correct length. Apply PVC glue to the pipe and attach the saddle base and conduit.
- Position Pipe Prop where you need it, according to building codes.
- Attach to the roof according to the roofing manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Lay the pipe in the saddle and secure it in place with one nylon cable tie (provided).
Architects, structural engineers, facility management supervisors designate Pipe Prop as the #1 pipe support hardware of today because of its versatility and labor-saving installation. HVAC professionals use Pipe Prop for AC condensate drain piping or gas line pipe support.
Some of Pipe Prop’s greatest supporters are the facility managers of:
- Independent school districts
- Correctional facilities
- City government buildings
- Other institutional-type construction
Pipe Prop’s install-it-and-forget-it ease and dependability make it the go-to choice for your next project. Let Pipe Prop do the job for you, so you can move on quickly to your next assignment!
Need help with your Pipe Prop install? Contact our pipe support professionals today at 888.590.0120, or fill out our online form for prompt assistance.
Multiple Roof Systems; Rooftop Package Unit Condensate Piping
The installation video below is from an HVAC contractor discussing the use of multiple roof systems and tying in multiple roof drains. In his dialogue, he displays the use of the Pipe Prop stands from the various HVAC units and the use of 1″ drain pipes.